Our Response to COVID-19
We at St. John care about the safety, health and well-being of all its parishioners and visitors. We want you to feel comfortable during worship in this unprecedented time. Here are the precautions we are taking to help keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Face masks are available at each entrance to the church and the parish hall should you need one, however, they are not required.
- Hand sanitizer is located at all entrances including the parish hall for your convenience.
- All surfaces in are being cleaned with a 1% bleach solution and disinfectant in both the church and the parish hall.
- Antibacterial and hand sanitizer are located in all restrooms and everyone is encouraged to use them. Additionally, face tissue is located in all pews.
- Passing of the Peace during mass is suspended until it is safe to do so.
- Communion is offered at every mass. All who wish to receive communion will come forward in a single line. You may choose to receive in one-kind or, both, the Body & Blood of Christ.
- Worship virtually with us should you chose to stay at home. You can join us through our Facebook page. If you would like to have communion brought to you at your home, contact Fr. Munson to make arrangements.
- Social Distancing can be a challenge in a small church such as St. John therefore, St. John relies on the judgement of each person or family to use common sense to distance yourself from others.
- Tithes and donations may be dropped into the Offertory plate located at the back of the church next to the organ. Another option is to donate to the church through our online giving.
What can you do to help keep yourself and others healthy?
- Wash you hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. (Singing the Birthday song or the Alphabet song are a good measure of time.)
- For those who are at a higher risk, we ask that you remain home and view the mass online. Should you wish, contact Fr. Munson to arrange a time to bring communion to you.
- If you or someone in your family has a fever or are feeling unwell please stay home.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
All Covid-19 policy changes for the church will be announced in our Sunday Bulletin, our website or through a church email.